The City Clerk is appointed by the Mayor and City Council.
Duties of the City Clerk include:
- Custodian of City ordinance, resolutions, minutes and other records.
- Fulfilling request for examination or copying of public records as provided by law.
- Publication of legal notices.
- Filing the annual city street finance report with State Controller's office by December 31 of each year.
- Filing certified copy of appropriation ordinance with the Idaho Secretary of State's Office.
- Filing certified copies of annexation ordinance with the county auditor, county treasurer, country assessor, and Idaho Tax Commission within 10 days after effective date of the ordinance.
- Certification of delinquent special assessments to the county.
- Administering the oath of office to elected and appointed officials, election workers, etc.
- Serving as the primary point of contact for citizen and media inquiries.
- Providing staff support for the Mayor and Council, including preparing meeting packets with information relating to each agenda item.
- Ensuring accurate minutes are taken at the City Council meetings.
- Preparing meeting notices and agendas and posting these at City Hall
- Other duties prescribed by local policy.
- Customer Service
- Human Resources