If you wish to be notified of openings go to our notify me and sign up.
Planning and Zoning Coordinator Job Description
The City of Kimberly is accepting applications for entry level position in the Public Works Department.
* Must hold a current valid state driver's license and Class B CDL, or the ability to obtain one
* Graduation from high school or GED equivalent
* 1 years experience relating to the construction, repair and maintenance of water, sewer, street or storm drainage systems including the operation of related maintenance equipment, or any equivalent combination of education and experience
* Knowledge of equipment, facilities, materials, methods and procedures used in public water supply and distribution systems, sewer collection systems, park systems, storm drainage systems and street systems
* Knowledge of pipe installation, connection and repair practices, of road construction and maintenance, and how to operate and maintain various types of equipment
* Must have the ability to organize and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
* Must be able to take direction from the Public Works Coordinator
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other departments and the public
* Skills and knowledge in operations of listed tools and equipment:
Dump truck, pickup truck, utility truck, street sweeper, jetter/inductor truck, street roller, backhoe, water truck, tamper, plate compactor, saws, pumps areole propane kettle, compressors, sanders, generators, trencher, common hand and power tools, shovels, wrenches and detection devices.
* Ability to test for and hold the current minimum level of certification required (level I Distribution and/or level I Sewer Collection) to perform the duties needed to operate and maintain water distribution, disinfections, and sewer collection and treatment systems for the City of Kimberly within 1 year of employment
Applications will be accepted until April 10, 2015.
Things that could disqualify you from becoming a police officer